There is a touch of history pervading our restaurant…
Idyllically set directly at the Dresdner Heide (Heath) in the König-Albert Park lies one of the oldest restaurants in Dresden. As far back as 1476, the Dresden Augustinian monks received the most gracious approval from the then sovereigns of the land to use water taken from the clear Eisenhornbach stream in the Heath for their monastery in the Neustadt district of the city. For this purpose, a wooden pipe was used, which had its source at today's Fischhaus and was also used for breeding trout.
Since then, the dwelling of the pond warden has been known as the "Fischhaus". Even though the Royal Forestry Office was almost immediately established here, the name has been preserved over the centuries. In 1650, the local forester
was granted a tavern licence in order to improve his extremely modest income. The Fischhaus then quickly established itself as a place to unwind for travellers to and from Dresden and Radeberg.
Henceforth, the Royal City of Dresden experienced rapid growth, which was also reflected in increasing numbers of visitors to the Fischhaus. In the 18th century, guest rooms were established. As the start and destination for walks in the heath and the discovering of the nearby Schotengrund area, the restaurant with its over 400-year history was and remains today the ideal place to make a stopover.
The historical walls and the magnificent art nouveau hall have been restored with astonishing attention to detail and now glean again in new splendour. The heavy beams bear witness to the long history and create an unmistakable ambience.
Enjoy in our restaurant a traditional and regional rural cuisine inspired by modern influences.
We wish you bon appetit!